Primary Care Commissioning Committee
NHS Northamptonshire CCG Primary Care Commissioning Committee has the primary purpose of commissioning primary medical services for the people of Northamptonshire.
This includes the following activities:
- GMS, PMS and APMS contracts (including the design of PMS and APMS contracts, monitoring of contracts, taking contractual action such as issuing branch/remedial notices, and removing a contract);
- Development of newly designed enhanced services (“Local Enhanced Services” and “Directed Enhanced Services”);
- Design of local incentive schemes as an alternative to the Quality Outcomes Framework (QOF);
- Decision making on whether to establish new GP practices in an area;
- Review all requests from Member Practices relating to any adjustments to practice lists;
- Decision making on approving of practice mergers, and for retirements and resignations to seek assurance in relation to services in the event of resignations or retirements; and in relation to plans for procurement, if any,
- Making decisions on ‘discretionary’ payment (e.g., returner/retainer schemes).
Upcoming meetings - 2021/22
Meetings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic:
Please be advised that in line with national guidance around the Covid-19 pandemic and increased pressure on NHS staff and services, for the foreseeable future the Primary Care Commissioning Committee meetings will be taking place virtually.
Recording of the Primary Care Commissioning Committee in Public
From July 2020 the NHS Northamptonshire CCG virtual Primary Care Commissioning Committee meetings in public will be recorded and subsequently made available to view by the public via a link placed on this page of our website within the relevant Governing Body meeting papers.
You can view the latest video's of the Primary Care Commissioning Committee Meeting's in Public below:
- Northamptonshire CCG Primary Care Commissioning Committee in Public - 21 July 2020
- Northamptonshire CCG Primary Care Commissioning Committee in Public - 1 September 2020
- Northamptonshire CCG Primary Care Commissioning Committee in Public - 3 November 2020
- Northamptonshire CCG Primary Care Commissioning Committee in Public - 5 January 2021
Past Primary Care Commissioning meetings
Papers from the previous meetings of NHS Corby and NHS Nene Clinical Commissioning Groups can be viewed on our Legacy page here.