Complaints, concerns and compliments
We do all we can to provide good quality health services locally, but sometimes things don’t go as they should. Telling us your views, whether it is a complaint, concern or compliment helps us to know what we are doing well, to learn lessons from mistakes and to prevent them from happening to anyone else.
Complaints about GPs, dentists, pharmacists or opticians
If your concerns cannot be resolved informally with the practice manager or pharmacist you should contact NHS England on
- Tel: 0300 311 2233 (free national number)
- E-mail: England.email@example.com
- Letter: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT
Complaints about a hospital
If you are worried or unhappy about any aspect of your care and treatment, please speak to a member of the team involved in your care as soon as possible. If your concerns have not been resolved and you wish to make a complaint, please contact the relevant hospital who have their own dedicated complaints team.
- Northampton General Hospital: Tel: 01604 545784 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kettering General Hospital: Tel: 01536 493305 or E-mail email@example.com
Northamptonshire Clinical Commissioning Group and the services it commissions
Making a complaint
If you have a complaint, concern or compliment relating to the way an NHS service has been commissioned, or you have been directly affected by a commissioning decision made by us, please contact the CCG Patient Experience Team. They can be contacted on:
- Tel: 01604 651102
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us: Patient Experience Team, Francis Crick House, Summerhouse Road, Moulton Park, Northampton, NN3 6BF
Please give us as much information as you can, including your name and address, telephone number and a brief description of the issues you would like answered. For our complaints form please download from this link.
A complaint can be made on behalf of a child, a person assessed under the Mental Capacity Act 2005, consent provided for another person to handle their complaint and if a person has died.
What happens next?
- Your complaint will be acknowledged within three working days
- We will make enquiries or undertake a full investigation into your concerns; this will depend on the type of issues you raise
- You will receive a full response from us within an agreed timescales
- If we are unable to complete the investigation within the agreed timeframe, we will let you know
For further guidance on how to make a complaint you can download the complaints leaflet.
Support when making a complaint
If you require support o assistance to make a complaint about the NHS you may wish to seek advice from VoiceAbility, an independent advocacy service. Please see their contact information details below:
Doddridge Centre, 109 St James Road, Northampton, NN5 5LD
- Tel: 0300 330 5454 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
- Text: 0786 002 2939
- E-mail: email@example.com
Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
If you are not satisfied with the response from us and all local resolution has finished, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman at:
The Health and Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP